We are currently accepting applications for a Development Manager.
The Development Manager is responsible for the successful implementation and growth of all NEHA fundraisers, general giving campaigns and similar initiatives. The Development Manager is responsible for meeting NEHA's revenue and participation goals through the process of strategic planning, prospecting and identification of new donors, current donor cultivation and stewardship, and engagement of NEHA's supporters within the community.
Description of Position
- A bachelor’s degree in business, communications/marketing, public administration or related field is preferred;
- A minimum of three years in the nonprofit and/or business sector with proven experience in fundraising, event management, sales, or marketing is required;
- Previous proven fundraising experience; Peer-to-Peer fundraising, preferred;
- Strong customer service and sales skills;
- Organized, outgoing, enthusiastic, and friendly;
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and verbal skills are essential;
- Experience planning and implementing nonprofit special events;
- Strong sense of accountability, responsibility and commitment;
- Experience in the management and mobilization of volunteers;
- Sensitive to challenges facing patients and families with a chronic medical condition;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point;
- Knowledge and interest in managing social media content including Facebook and Twitter;
- Flexible with schedule; includes hours in the NEHA office and occasional nights and weekends;
Approximately 75% of time will be devoted strictly to revenue-generation tasks:
- Establish, set and meet financial goals and objectives for all development activities – in partnership with Executive Director, Board of Directors, and liaison from the Chapter Development staff at the National Hemophilia Foundation;
- Meet time bound revenue and participation benchmarks as they relate to goals set;
- Participate and attend trainings hosted by NHF Chapter Development liaison;
- Implement peer-to-peer fundraising best practices to increase revenue growth and participation in all events;
- Build relationships with constituency to cultivate and steward, including face-to-face meetings and reoccurring correspondence;
- Recruit, screen, coordinate, direct and manage the recruitment of volunteers needed for all development activities;
- Maintain complete up-to-date records using donor/client database relating to all development activities, including sponsors, donors, fundraising teams, and participants;
- Organize and manage the Annual Unite for Bleeding Disorders Walk;
- Work directly with NEHA's development committee and Walk team captains;
- Per event: Cultivate both individual giving and corporate sponsorships; If applicable, encourage team and individual fundraising;
- Coordinate event details and logistics; participant registration and management; coordinate and manage development of team captain/team week activities; plan and host walk kick-off event;
- Coordinate the selection of date, location, time and event details for development events;
- In collaboration with Executive Director, complete comprehensive post-event income expense reports, follow-up thank you letters and donor data entry;
- Act as staff liaison to the Fundraising and Events Committee and provide appropriate guidance and support as necessary.
Approximately 25% of time will be devoted to administrative-related tasks:
- Assist in the maintenance of the donor/member database; includes data entry, create mailings and mailing labels, generate reports, and manage donor contacts, donations and acknowledgement letters;
- Assist with NEHA communications; includes newsletters, Facebook, Twitter, and website;
- Maintain inventory of event supplies and restock on appropriate time-schedule;
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Two and a half weeks vacation time
- Matching 401K
- Flexible work schedule
- Ability to occasionally work from home
Based on experience and qualifications.
How to Apply
Submit letter of interest and a resume by end of business on February 18, 2019 to Rich Pezzillo, NEHA Executive Director at email@example.com.
NEHA encourages applications from individuals regardless of race, color, ethnic origin, religion, ability and sexual orientation. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Note: No telephone inquiries accepted. Candidates will be subject to a criminal records check (CORI).